Sims 4 has always been a popular game in the modding community. Electronic Arts themselves provide a mods folder for people to upload their mods. The game has a forum for people who want to create mods as well as people who want to download and use them. Over the forum, people discuss about what new mods can be introduced and the problems that can be solved with mods.
There are plenty of mods for sims 4, each having its own unique feature. Some of the mods are helpful in styling your character whereas some make the gameplay smooth and better than the original one. This life simulation game is extremely addictive and the mods make sure you never get bored of it. Although adding a mod to sims 4 is a very simple process but some people face difficulty in doing so. If you’re facing the same difficulty, we have a short tutorial to download and install sims 4 mods.
- Must Check: Mount & Blade Warband Mods
Checklist Before you Download Sims 4 mods
Make sure you have an extraction tool
Although, most of us have and use an extraction tool very frequently but there are chances that some of you might not have one. So if you’re one of them, make sure you download and install an extraction tools.
Update the game
Make sure that your game is up-to-date with all the recent updates. You can do so by going to settings and clicking on “update game”. If there’s any update that is required for sims 4, it will start updating automatically. Once you’ve updated and made sure that there are no updates to be done, you can move ahead to the next step.
Switch on the mods option
By default, the mods option is turned off in sims 4 and in order to upload any mod, you’ll need to turn it on. To do so, launch the game and click on menu button. Now, in “game options”, you’ll find an option like “enable custom content and mods”. Tick that option if it already hasn’t been. Now, click on apply changes and launch the game again.
How to Download Sims 4 Mods?
If you’ve followed the above checklist, you’re now ready to download and install sims 4 mods. In order to download a mod, just search for the desired mod on Google, select a legit source or website and download it from there. Make sure that the website your download the mod from is genuine and doesn’t provide any harmful files along with the mods. Some of the websites won’t even provide mods and will instead provide harmful files with viruses that might affect your pc.
How to Install Sims 4 Mods?
Once you’ve downloaded your desired sims 4 mod, it is now time to install it. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial to do so:-
- Locate your downloaded mod file and extract it. You can extract the mod by right clicking on it and then clicking on “extract to (whatever destination you want)”.
- Once you’ve extracted the mod file, you’ll be able to see lots of files with different extensions on them. Some of the files will have .package extension whereas some will be text files with .txt extension.
- Now, cut the .package file and paste it in the mods folder of your game. You can find mods folder by going to documents>electron arts> the sims 4> mods.
- Once you’ve pasted the .package file, restart the game. You’ll find your desired game changes if you’ve placed the right file in the right destination.
Lots are nothing but the names of your locations or houses in the game. Here’s how you can install lots in sims 4:-
- Locate the required file and extract it by following the same steps that are mentioned above.
- Now, paste .trayitem, .blueprint or .bpi files in tray folder of your sims 4.
- Destination isn’t mods folder this time, you will instead have to paste the required files to documents>electron arts> the sims 4> tray.
- Once pasted, restart the game.
Install Script files
Installing script files will follow the same procedure as installing a .package file and the only difference is the type of files you’ll be pasting. Here, the type of files you’ll have to paste should end with .ts4script and the destination for pasting these files is same as .package file i.e. to documents>electron arts> the sims 4> mods.
So this was our short tutorial to download and install sims 4 mods. Both, downloading and installing, is extremely simple and you’ll need to follow only a couple of steps to do so. Make sure you go through the checklist before downloading and installing the mods or you’ll end up facing an error. Comment below if you have any difficulty following this tutorial.